- This event has passed.
VolunTour: Sumba, Indonesia
October 16, 2019 - October 19, 2019
About Your Trip
On this VolunTour to Sumba, Indonesia, for guests ages 8 years and older, show your Heart to Serve with WorldVentures Foundation™ and Happy Hearts Indonesia. The organizations partnered together and created the Schools for Sumba project to build 100 schools across Sumba over the next 5 years.
During your VolunTour, engage in light construction and beautification projects at a local school. You’ll also tour the Sumba Hospitality Foundation campus within your hotel complex. A full-board school, it gives youth a place to learn about hospitality and agriculture, both very important industries that may determine Sumba’s long-term success.
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• Unlike idyllic Bali, Sumba has low rainfall, making its land dry and very difficult to yield crops.
• Schools in rural Sumba are few and far between, especially those with proper sanitation and clean water.
• More than half of school-aged children in the area don’t attend school; instead, they help contribute to their family’s income by working in the fields.
• A goal of Happy Hearts Indonesia is to help local communities build sustainable, eco-friendly and earthquake-resistant schools so children have access to safe learning venues.
• The opportunity to serve with Happy Hearts Indonesia to help beautify a local school.
• 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners.
• A host, whose goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips experience from landing to liftoff — they host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more. (Please note: A host will be provided only on trips with bookings of 10 or more adults.)
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Tambolaka Airport (TMC), approximately 7 miles (11 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not book your flight for this trip until you receive our confirmation email. Your VolunTour will be confirmed after we have reached a minimum booking of 10 people.
Members booking this VolunTour are required to purchase travel insurance from the vendor of their choice (see Additional Information for details).
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Tambolaka Airport (TMC) to the hotel on October 16, timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Tambolaka Airport (TMC) on October 19, timing based on flight details provided.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
If you are interested in attending this VolunTour Trip and would like additional information please contact the WorldVentures Foundation by phone or email at:
Phone: (469) 609-4855