- This event has passed.
VolunTour: Seoul, South Korea
March 1 - March 3
About Your Trip
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• The average South Korean household has US$18,000 in disposable income per year, and 15 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
• Mounting sociological pressures in South Korea have left some children at risk of losing parental care, particularly those living in poor households or those born to single mothers. Since the end of the Korean War in 1953, South Korea has sent more children overseas for adoption than any other country in the world.
• During your VolunTour, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with the children, which may help them learn English — a skill the country’s government strongly emphasizes, but few families can afford.
• The opportunity to serve the children at House of Peace Orphanage.
• Donation for volunteer work, including briquettes.
• English-, Mandarin- or Korean-speaking tour guide.
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• An In-destination Support Team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Incheon International Airport (ICN), approximately 38 miles (61 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
This trip will close by January 23.