VolunTour: Seoul, South Korea
October 18 - October 20
About Your Trip
On this Voluntour for ages 8 years and older to Seoul, South Korea, show your Heart to Serve with WorldVentures Foundation™. At House of Peace Orphanage, you’ll devote your service to beautification activities such as cleaning, along with playing with the children and cooking their dinner. You’ll also donate briquettes — blocks of compressed charcoal or coal dust used as fuel — to the orphanage.
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• The average South Korean household has US$18,000 in disposable income per year, and 15 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
• Mounting sociological pressures in South Korea have left some children at risk of losing parental care, particularly those living in poor households or those born to single mothers. Since the end of the Korean War in 1953, South Korea has sent more children overseas for adoption than any other country in the world.
• During your VolunTour, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with the children, which may help them learn English — a skill the country’s government strongly emphasizes, but few families can afford.
• The opportunity to serve the children at House of Peace Orphanage.
• Donation for volunteer work, including briquettes.
• English-, Mandarin- or Korean-speaking tour guide.
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
If you are interested in attending this VolunTour Trip and would like additional information please contact the WorldVentures Foundation by phone or email at:
Phone: (469) 609-4855