VolunTour: Cusco, Peru
May 23 @ 12:00 pm - May 30 @ 10:00 am
About Your Trip
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• Many children in and around Cusco live in poverty, and one of the main challenges is finding ways to generate income. To make a living, some children and families in the area sell clothing or accessories, such as knitted items, musical instruments and clay pots.
• You will have the opportunity to assist in a community, helping individuals repair buildings, along with other activities such as fixing furniture and planting trees.
• You will also have the chance to experience a sense of the worldviews and culture of the Huilloc community and to share your own with them.
• The opportunity to spend 1.5 days of service in the Huilloc community, helping to repair the infrastructure of the village; includes 2 lunches and 2 dinners (1 of each on both days of service).
• Full-day Sacred Valley tour; includes lunch and transportation.
• First full-day tour of Machu Picchu tour; includes lunch, dinner and transportation.
• Second full-day tour of Machu Picchu; includes lunch and transportation.
• Full-day tour of Cusco; includes lunch and transportation.
• English-speaking guide for all activities and tours.
• 7 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
• A host, whose goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff — they host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more. (Please note: A host is provided only on trips with bookings of 10 or more adults.)
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ), approximately 2 miles (4 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ), to the hotel on May 23, timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ), on May 30, timing based on flight details provided.