VolunTour: Athens, Greece
October 23 @ 1:30 am - October 26 @ 11:00 am
About Your Trip
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• Greece’s economy took a spiraling downturn in 2010, creating a devastating financial crisis that hasn’t fully recovered over the years.
• Unemployment is at 20%, and because of this, many, including children, live in poverty.
• Adding to Greece’s complex situation is the ongoing influx of refugees, both adults and children.
• Full day of volunteering to help beautify a local orphanage by cleaning, painting and gardening; includes box lunch and transportation.
• Full-day Athens tour; includes lunch, admission fees, English-speaking guide and transportation.
• 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner.