- This event has passed.
VolunTour: Athens, Greece
December 6, 2019 - December 9, 2019
About Your Trip
On this VolunTour for guests ages 8 years and older in Athens, Greece, show your Heart to Serve with WorldVentures Foundation™ to help better the lives of displaced or abandoned children. You’ll devote your service to beautification activities such as cleaning, painting and gardening at a local orphanage.
VolunTours are professionally planned, guided trips that put volunteers to work beautifying communities, building infrastructure and brightening the lives of children. You will participate in a child-serving project as you become immersed in the culture.
At a Glance:
• Greece’s economy took a spiraling downturn in 2010, creating a devastating financial crisis that hasn’t fully recovered over the years.
• Unemployment is at 20%, and because of this, many, including children, live in poverty.
• Adding to Greece’s complex situation is the ongoing influx of refugees, both adults and children.
• Full day of volunteering to help beautify a local orphanage by cleaning, painting and gardening; includes box lunch and transportation.
• Full-day Athens tour; includes lunch, admission fees, English-speaking guide and transportation.
• 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner.
• A host, whose goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff — they host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Athens International Airport (ATH), approximately 21 miles (34 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not book your flight for this trip until you receive our confirmation email. Your VolunTour will be confirmed after we have reached a minimum booking of 10 people.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
If you are interested in attending this VolunTour Trip and would like additional information please contact the WorldVentures Foundation by phone or email at:
Phone: (469) 609-4855